Welcome to the Utah Flag League! Based in Salt Lake, serving all of Utah.
Check out the Messageboard and Photos!
NO GAMES ON SATURDAY MAY 25TH! There will be week nights games this week and next week.
Spring 2013 Season is underway. Registration is CLOSED.
Important information for registering this season: winners of the last season are required to move up to the next competitive level
(except A Division winners) for at least one season.
Also a new payment schedule will be in place:
All teams paid in full by March 23 will receive a $25 discount.
Teams paid in full up to April 13 will be regular price.
Teams paid in full between April 14-April 20 will incur a $25 late fee.
Teams paid in full between April 21-April 27 will incur another $25 late fee.
Teams paid in full after April 27 will not be scheduled again until all fees (including late fees) are paid in full.
* $100 must be received before any games are scheduled for your team.
** $10 fee for credit card/paypal payments.
If you would like access to the payment links click here or the Payments link is in the left column.
Contact Dustin (801)541-0856 if you have any questions.
Also, if you can't find information you are looking for on the website check our Facebook and the messageboard.
Spring 2013 Season Information:
Main field will be West Jordan Middle School (7550 South Redwood Road); each half will be 25 minutes and there will only be a one minute warning for stoppages (Games at Spence Eccles will be 20 minute halves with one minute warning).
It is your responsibility to add your players to your roster through out the season. Prizes for winning teams will be given based on players listed on roster only. Players not on the roster are ineligible for playoffs and each player must play 3 games to qualify for playoffs.
Forfeit fees: if you no call/ no show or short notice call resulting in a forfeit caused by your team, your team will be fined $40 for 8 on 8 or $30 for 5 on 5. Fine must be paid before next game.
I will contact team captains by text and post on Facebook if I have to cancel games due to weather. Decision on weeknights will be made by 4:30 pm.
Spence-Eccles Fieldhouse (650 South Guardsman Way (1580 E))
West Jordan Middle School (7550 South Redwood Road West Jordan)
Map of fields at West Jordan Middle School
Women's/CO-ED DIVISION: We are running a CO-ED Division again in the Spring '13 season. We had 9 teams during the Fall '12 season and will continue to grow. Starting asking your wives, girlfriends, sisters, neighbors and/or coworkers. You can go to the message board and input ideas.
March 2-3, Las Vegas MCFFU World Championships. (Misfits and Gopher Tu both participated)
Photos of the past seasons winners are available to view under the archives.
Also, check out the new flag football social network site www.flagfanz.com. You can link it to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. You can connect and keep up with flag football players, leagues and tournaments from all over the country.
Also, a High School Division will be started when we can get enough interest. I am looking at Spring 2013. It will most likely be 7 on 7 and run in the spring seasons only.
Check out and subscribe to the Utah Flag League Blog. I will be updating it, along with the Facebook and Twitter accounts. Also see the Messageboard
Follow "utahflagleague" on twitter (@utahflagleague) and facebook (utahflagleague).
We will post tournament updates, news, scores, deals from our partners and anything football related, including cancellations due to poor weather/field conditions (try to post on messageboard too).
UFL Video Segments/Games on Youtube.
Spring 2013 Announcements:
- We will always have a portable restroom at the field we play at. All participants and spectators will need to use this instead of going on the buildings or anywhere else of school property. Thank you for helping keep the school clean.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on Jordan School District property. You will be asked to leave and possibly fined for violating this.
- Our policy for participants to play on a team is to sign the roster and waivers for each team. To play with a team in the playoffs a participant needs to play at least 3 regular season games with the team. Exceptions can be made only by UFL officials. We do allow for "fill in" players during regular season games, on an individual game basis, if a team is short players (see messageboard for list of fill in players).
- Fighting is prohibited. If any player throws a punch (whether it lands or not) it will be an automatic one game suspension. Depending on the severity of the situation/act a longer suspension, and/or fines or ejection from any and all league play for a season or longer will be imposed, to be determined by UFL Officials. If the problem persists we may move to lifetime bans from the league. Please control yourself and remember fighting is not worth legal/criminal action from a recreational activity. Because of issues from previous seasons we will be more strict on penalizing any confrontations or trash talking. So just show up and play football
- If your team incurs any fines the balance must be paid by the next game after the fine is imposed.
- See the messageboard for information on the Overtime procedure instituted a couple seasons ago and the Onside Kick procedure (8 on 8 only) instituted in the spring '11 season.
- When you check the stats you may need to click refresh. If you need the Excel file to e-mail in your stats, click here. No teams participated in stats last season.
Let's get more activity on the messageboard. Sign up. It's quick and easy. Post your thoughts; give feedback.
Roster Notes: Rosters need to be submitted by the start of the first game of the season. Additions to the Spring rosters may be made through June 1, 2013. Roster limit for 5 Man is 10, and 20 for 8 Man . Changes/additions may be made through UFL Officials. Changes/additions after June 1 will be heard by UFL Officials.
A Div players, playing on B or C teams, etc.- The rules for A division players, playing on B or C teams, etc., during the playoffs are as follows:
Two 5 on 5 A Division players can play on a 5 on 5 B team during the playoffs.
One 5 on 5 A Division player can play on a 5 on 5 C team during the playoffs.
One 5 on 5 A Division player can play on a 5 on 5 D team during the playoffs.
Three 5 on 5 B Division players can play on a 5 on 5 C team during the playoffs.
Two 5 on 5 B Division players can play on a 5 on 5 D team during the playoffs.
Three 5 on 5 C Division players can play on a 5 on 5 D team during the playoffs.
Four 8 on 8 A Division players can play on a 8 on 8 B team during the playoffs.
Two 8 on 8 A Division players can play on a 8 on 8 C team during the playoffs.
Five 8 on 8 B Division players can play on a 8 on 8 C team during the playoffs.
NOTE: Of course ALL players are only eligible to play on teams during the playoffs if (and only if) they played at least 3 regular season games with
the particular team. An "A" Division player is defined simply as any player who legally plays on any A division team (with in the format in question).
1) Head to Head amongst tied teams 2) Division Record 3) Record vs. Like Opponents 4) Point
Differential 5) Points Against [if there are 3 or more teams tied then head to head tie-breaker only
applies if all teams have played each other and if at some stage of the tie-breaker process a team is
eliminated from the tie-breaker, then the tie-breaker procedure starts over with the teams
Clarification on picking up players for a game:
Teams may pick up players during the regular season to field a team, in effort to avoid a forfeit. If the opposing team has an issue they may accept a forfeit win before the game is started. This decision must be given to the referees before the game starts.
Health Insurance is offered by XSI Insurance. I recommend getting, even if you have insurance.
It is about $17-$26 (depending on chosen coverage) per month for an individual. Discounts for more than one person.
You can carry it month to month, for the season or year round.
Click here and here to check out what coverage is offered. Contact them @ 801.331.8503 for more information or to get coverage. Also more info at http://xsinow.com/
You can fill this form out and fax it to XSI at Fax: 801-501-9315